Kelly and Doug get deep and dirty about the value and necessity of a woman’s perspective in self-defense classes, classes, seminars, and literature. Who should be teaching who how to protect themselves? Should a male instructor be teaching women how to defend themselves? Does a police officer, who is trained in situational awareness and personal safety for work, have the proper insight to train average citizens?
Click the link below to download this week’s Episode Key, including the daily habit for practicing your own personal safety and Doug and Kelly’s list of questions to ask about personal security, situational awareness, and safety.
They also discussed:
- The importance to your personal safety of how you present yourself daily
- When it’s appropriate to create space in physical scenarios
- Pre-event situational awareness
- Understanding your situational awareness filter
- How Secret Service agents detect fraudulent U.S. dollars and why you should care
- One simple snapshot you can take of your kid(s) daily to ensure you’re covered in case of danger
And remember – there’s no shame in failure, only shame in refusing to learn!
Ready to join the conversation?
Follow The Diamond Arrow Group on Instagram and Facebook, and Kelly Sayre on LinkedIn and Twitter. You can find Doug at @texasspydad, or on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Check Kelly’s new book Sharp Women that guides you through embracing your best self-defense weapon – your intuition.
Please click ‘Follow’ or ‘Subscribe’ on your favorite podcast platform, and we’d love to hear what you think is the best piece of advice you’ve heard on the podcast to-date in a Review on your podcast platform!
View the Transcript
Read the transcript for the episode.
Download the Episode Key
Subscribe and gain access to the episode key.
Stay Tuned For Our Latest Episodes
Subscribe to get notified when the latest episodes drop.