After a brush with death on September 11th, 2001, three blocks south of the World Trade Center and then fending off an attacker late one night months later, Jenn Casetta took a deep dive into martial arts training where she learned how to harness the power of mind, body, and spirit. This week she joins us to share with you how to join her in the journey to becoming a badass yourself!
Jennifer Cassetta is a TEDx and keynote speaker, empowerment coach and author of The Art of Badassery: Unleash Your Mojo With Wisdom of the Dojo. Equipped with her 3rd degree black belt in Hapkido, Masters degree in nutrition and various wellbeing certifications, she’s spent the last two decades coaching people to feel strong, safe and powerful from the streets to the boardroom.
In this episode of Thrive Unafraid, Doug, Kelly, and Jenn discuss:
- The potential impact of unexpected and unavoidable events on your physical and mental wellbeing
- What is Hapkido (a type of martial art) and the positive influence it has had in Jenn’s life
- How to to reclaim your power and to feel confident no matter what is happening or has happened in your life
- Why it’s important to develop self-awareness
- How to move forward if you’ve been the victim of an attack or negative circumstance
- Dressing how you want and still staying safe
- The potential harm in giving the benefit of the doubt
Also don’t miss out on Doug’s “Rule of Stupids”!
Watch Jenn take the TEDx stage (barefoot, of course) as she walks us through her framework for living a life of utter badassery!
Check out Jenn’s book: The Art of Badassery
Take Jenn’s FREE Confidence Course
Check out the book Jenn recommended: The Body Keep The Score
Ready to join the conversation?
Check Kelly’s new book Sharp Women that guides you through embracing your best self-defense weapon – your intuition.
Please click ‘Follow’ or ‘Subscribe’ on your favorite podcast platform, and we’d love to hear what you think is the best piece of advice you’ve heard on the podcast to-date in a Review on your podcast platform!
View the Transcript
Read the transcript for the episode.
Stay Tuned For Our Latest Episodes
Subscribe to get notified when the latest episodes drop.