Episode #11: Boss-level Mindset, Self-Esteem, and Communication Inside and Outside the Workplace with Dr. Mary Beth
One of the most frustrating parts of office culture in the United States is that often, as a woman, you are painted negatively for exerting the same level of assertiveness as your male counterpart no matter where in the chain of command you fall or your distinctive experience.
This week we are joined by Dr. Mary Beth Wilkas Janke, a former US Secret Service Agent, an author and speaker, self-esteem mentor, and Dr. of Clinical Psychology. Dr. Mary Beth has devoted her life to teaching women how to defy the odds and win in a world full of challenges, risks, and pitfalls.
In this episode of Thrive Unafraid, Doug, Kelly, and Dr. Janke deconstruct:
- Should women get special treatment just for being women when considered for jobs, promotions, or awards?
- Mindset versus application: Can you practice self-awareness while not respecting others’ boundaries?
- The importance of strong and consistent workplace habits for women
- Factors to be aware of in office communication between males and females
- What is a self-esteem mentor and the effects of raised self-esteem in women
- The importance of stress management on your mental and physical health
- Application of Cooper’s Color Codes
Dr. Janke shares stories of her own experiences as she redefined what it means to be a successful woman, leader, and badass in a historically male-dominated profession.
Walk away with practical tips to positively change important relationships in your own life, and take hold of your own destiny.
Video on How to Live a Badass Life, including the challenge at the end: https://youtu.be/2T08Z5dYChk
Check out Dr. Mary Beth’s book: The Protector
Ready to join the conversation?
Check Kelly’s new book Sharp Women that guides you through embracing your best self-defense weapon – your intuition.
Please click ‘Follow’ or ‘Subscribe’ on your favorite podcast platform, and we’d love to hear what you think is the best piece of advice you’ve heard on the podcast to-date in a Review on your podcast platform!
View the Transcript
Read the transcript for the episode.
Stay Tuned For Our Latest Episodes
Subscribe to get notified when the latest episodes drop.